Call for Application for the training on “Policy Design and Implementation”
When: from 21st – 23rd May 2021 | Time: 9 AM-4 PM
Where: Africa College of Theology (ACT), Kicukiro.
The Center for Development Policy (CDP) is a Pan-African non-profit and non-partisan think tank that exists to contribute to the development of African countries through policy analysis and capacity building. CDP prioritizes endogenous development solutions and promotes local and empirically tested innovations that have contributed to development in Africa. CDP works with local partners to study, document and share lessons and best practices. Our uniqueness is that we not only offer policy advice and analysis to organizations but also build their capacities through training and technical support in order to undertake evidence-based development interventions.
At CDP, we offer different short-term trainings and other tailor-made trainings requested by organizations. CDP courses are offered by CDP experts and associates from within the country or abroad.
It is against this background, CDP is organizing a training workshop on “Policy Design and Implementation.”
2. Course Description
The current development thinking suggests that the policy framework is critical in determining the performance of firms, farmers, households, and public sector bodies. This course will introduce the concept of public policy, the policy design and the policymaking process, and the determinants of policy success and failures. Trainees will be introduced to the policy instruments and how and when they are used to implement public policy options. Different international and local practices will be covered. The course will analyze how effective public policy address market and government failures, and how ineffective policies affect development outcomes. This is a practical course that will involve international and local case studies. It enables those who advocate for policy change to know when and how to realize their agenda. The course involves practical assignments and sharing of practical experiences from policymakers, technocrats and experts in the field of public policy. The course builds a foundation for the next course of policy analysis and communication of policy analysis/products.
At the end of this short course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate an understanding of the meaning of a “policy”
- Articulate the rationale for the public policy and its determinants
- Understand the policy-making process and factors which influence policy decisions and policy implementation at the levels of government, and different actors
- Understand the specific tools required to analyze policy alternatives used in the policy formulation and implementation
- Understand how and when to advocate for a policy change
- Identify and articulate the role of politics and other actors in formulating and implementing different policy policies
- Understand different models and methods of policymaking
- Customize the policymaking process and policy environment in Rwanda
- Evaluate the success and failure of government policy.
- Government officials
- NGOs staff
- University students
Africa College of Theology (ACT)
New Life Bible Church, NLBC
KK15 rd, KICUKIRO, Kigali, Rwanda.
Professionals and private individuals: 100,000 RWF per person
University students: 50% discount per person ( upon provision of student ID)
Register for this course through: https://cdpafrica.org/courses/policy-formulation-and-implementation/
- Bank of Kigali (BK): Center for Development Policy (CDP)Account: 00095-069876895-41
- MTN Mobile Money: +250 789 933 362
The BK bank slip can be delivered to CDP or sent the scanned bank slip to email@example.com
Other upcoming courses of CDP can be found at: www.cdpafrica.org
For any inquiry, please contact: +250788289361
Dr. Kasim Ggombe Munyegera
Executive DirectorAttachment: Policy Design and implementation Training Job in Rwanda-pdfd9cbc03d0049402d6ab7b1b731f8343d.pdf
- 84 reads
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…