Call for Application for the training on “Time Series Modeling Using Stata”
When: from 21st – 23rd May 2021 | Time: 9 AM-4 PM
The Center for Development Policy (CDP) is a Pan-African non-profit and non-partisan think tank that exists to contribute to the development of African countries through policy analysis and capacity building. CDP prioritizes endogenous development solutions and promotes local and empirically tested innovations that have contributed to development in Africa. CDP works with local partners to study, document and share lessons and best practices. Our uniqueness is that we not only offer policy advice and analysis to organizations but also build their capacities through training and technical support in order to undertake evidence-based development interventions.
At CDP, we offer different short-term trainings and other tailor-made trainings requested by organizations. CDP courses are offered by CDP experts and associates from within the country or abroad.
It is aganst this background, CDP is organizing a training workshop on “Time Series Modeling Using Stata”
2. Course Description
The main purpose of this course is to help participants understand key concepts in time series econometrics through hands-on application in stata. Basic concepts and models will be taught in simplest language for economists and junior researchers in economics and policy analysis fields to equip them with basic tools required to conduct empirical researches and policy analysis. Statistical tests and models, including model estimation, model selection, hypothesis testing and interpretation will be covered in a step-by-step manner, and participants will learn how each statistical procedure is implemented in stata commands.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts in time series and how they are implemented in stata;
- Understand structure of economic data and methods for data management in stata;
- Learn model estimation, model selection and hypothesis testing and interpretation;
- Acquire knowledge on univariate, bivariate and multivariate time series models, focusing on some topics such as ordinary least squares with stationary time series (OLS), vector autoregressive models (VAR), error correction (ECM) models, cointegration techniques, fully modified OLS (FMOLS), dynamic OLS (DOLS) and canonical cointegrating regression (CCR);
- Participants will be able to learn non-linear time series modelling such as regime switching models, threshold autoregressive models and non-linear autoregressive distributed lag (ARDL) models.
- This course targets junior to mid- level economists and economic statisticians from government institutions and non-governemnt organizations,
- Research organizations whose main responsibility is economic modeling,
- Data Analysts and researchers;
- Policy analysts
Africa College of Theology (ACT)
New Life Bible Church, NLBC
KK15 rd, KICUKIRO, Kigali, Rwanda.
Professionals and private individuals : 100,000 RWF per person
University students: 50% discount per person ( upon provision of student ID)
Register for this course through https://cdpafrica.org/courses/time-series-modeling-using-stata/
- Bank of Kigali (BK): Center for Development Policy (CDP)Account: 00095-069876895-41
- MTN Mobile Money: +250 789 933 362
The BK bank slip can be delivered to CDP or sent the scanned bank slip at email@example.com
Other upcoming courses of CDP can be found at : www.cdpafrica.org
For any inquiry, please contact: +250788289361
MUNEZERO KALISA Raissa
Program ManagerAttachment: Time series Training Job in Rwanda-PDFb85ae2a29444dafd0dbb90d0ef3fdbb3.pdf
- 92 reads
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…