Call for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Provision of Catering Services
King Faisal Hospital Rwanda is inviting qualified suppliers to express interest in providing catering and canteen service.
It is estimated that the service provider will prepare and serve meals at the hospital site catering to approximately 200 patients per day and 500 staff and visitors. Patients have 3 meals and others have 2 meals per day. The Contractor shall be required to cater for patients with specific dietary requirements as may be indicated by the Hospital prior to commencement of operations and along the contract period.
The eligible and qualified service provider for this Call for Expression of Interest shall have a proven experience of serving at least 3 daily meals to at least 1,000 patients or clients in a hospital setting.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
This Expression of Interest (EOI) document is intended to lead to the identification of suppliers that can demonstrate having sufficient capacity and experience to provide catering services in a manner that enables to meets its expectations.
KFH (R) is therefore soliciting from interested organizations an Expression of Interest clearly demonstrating the following:
- The profile of the organization detailing the years of experience as prime service providers of cafeteria services.
- Current list of clients where similar services have been carried out and the number of people served in each of the outlets.
- Provide recommendation letters from the clients and contacts.
- Provide evidence of compliance to RRA, RSSB, and relevant food handling licenses
- Vendor partnership if any i.e. raw material suppliers, banks, etc.
SCOPE and Conditions OF SERVICES
The catering services process includes but is not limited to:
- Procurement of food supplies and related items
- Preparation of food
- Weekly meal reports
- Daily cleaning of the kitchen and stores
- Collection of garbage and general cleaning
- Stocking of the raw foods, beverages, consumables, cutlery, and crockery
- Inspection and Maintenance of kitchen equipment’s and facility
The Contractor will receive remuneration for their services through payment for each meal provided subject to agreed service levels (including quality) being met. Payment shall be made in Rwandan francs. Provision will be made in the contract for a revision of the rate per meal at periodical intervals.
The Contract Period shall be ONE YEAR from the date of the start of the production and supply of meals with an option to renew it upon agreement of both parties.
The Contractor will integrate and coordinate the hospital operational procedures as well as work with the Hospital’s personnel as may be required from time to time.
The Contractor shall at all times maintain the highest standards required in all aspects including, inter alia, food hygiene, delivery schedules, and standards of transport methods.
- Qualified service providers who meet our minimum requirements will be selected by the Hospital and informed about their selection.
- Qualified service providers will be invited to participate in a tender through “Invitation to Bid” (ITB). This tender will envisage the selection of a service provider to undertake the above-mentioned services within the described Terms of Reference (TOR) that will be detailed in the RFQ (Request for quotation).
- No prices should be provided with this EOI.
- By submitting an EOI, the Applicant acknowledges that neither KFH(R) nor the Applicant intends to create any contract or other relationship under which KFH(R) is legally obliged to conduct the Expression of Interest process for the works in any manner or to proceed to tender on the basis set out in this Invitation to Expression of Interest or any other basis and that there is, in fact, no such contract or other relationship in existence.
- KFH(R) reserves the right to verify statements and not to invite all those service providers who had expressed interest. Only eligible service providers that are successful at this pre-qualification stage will be invited to participate in the tender through an Invitation to Bid (ITB).
- Qualified service providers will be invited for a site visit and will later share all documents and their proposal requested in the TOR.
- Participation is open on equal conditions to all persons or organizations qualified and interested in this tender.
Enquiries regarding this tender may be addressed to the Director of Supply Chain and Logistics, King Faisal Hospital, Gasabo District, Kigali City, P.O. Box 2534 Kigali, Rwanda, Telephone +250 788 625 400.
The expression of interest shall be submitted through an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 4 days from the date of publishing of this Call for Expression of Interest notice (Deadline: 29th September 2021 at 11:45 PM).
King Faisal Hospital, Rwanda
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…