JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Deputy Project Coordinator (m/f)
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
Currently, Enabel is implementing a five-year cooperation programme (2019 – 2024) with a total budget of 120 million euros in four priority sectors of development of Rwanda: health, agriculture, urbanisation, and public finance management.
In a bid to curb the Covid-19 Pandemic, the EU Digital Solutions for resilience to COVID-19 is implementing in close collaboration between Enabel and GIZ leveraging existing interventions, whereby Enabel will strengthen successful health and TVET interventions to facilitate COVID-19 resilience, and whereby GIZ will build on the established BACKUP Fund Initiative to provide technical and financial support to African partners working on digital solutions for education services.
The EU Digital Solutions for resilience to COVID-19 project has a Project Coordinator (PC) located in Brussels within Enabel. This PC liaises with the Steering Committee, GIZ (through their Project Manager), and the Deputy Project Coordinator. The Deputy Project Coordinator supports the PC and liaises with Enabel field projects to whom the implementation of the main activities is delegated.
The Deputy Project Coordinator will rely on internal and external sources of expertise and provide (remote) support to his/her colleagues in the field while making sure to ensure transparent and efficient communication with all stakeholders at any time.
Duty station: Based in Kigali, Rwanda, and extensive travel to all implementation countries (Botswana, Burundi, DRC, Madagascar, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, and Zambia, with a focus of travel to Burundi and DRC) if health and security situation allows for it.
Duration of the contract: 23 months under local employment conditions
Expected starting date: May 2021
Monthly gross salary package: is depending on the qualification and the number of years of relevant experience.
The Deputy Project Coordintor (DPC) oversees the Action (operational and financial) planning, monitoring, and evaluation. Part of the activities will be planned for and implemented by the Intervention Managers of the different collaborating projects to whom this responsibility is delegated. The DPC will ensure that all management domains of the intervention are covered, mainly through coordination, facilitation, and mediation channels. He/she will consolidate and follow up of the risks at the intervention level, suggest mitigation measures and escalate issues to the PC if necessary.
In general, (s)he will:
- Assist in the coordination meetings with the donor(s) and the other implementing agencies.
- Support the PC in organizing the Project Steering Committees Meetings and act as Secretariat of the SC.
- Contribute (physically or remotely) to the project steering committees and interface in preparation with the IMs in charge of implementing the activities in the field.
- Provide technical support and coaching, together with the PC, to the 5 new Enabel Digital Experts hired by the project and located within the existing interventions in Burundi, DRCongo, and Rwanda.
- Foster the quality of the technical outputs and permanent quality improvement; contribute to developing Enabel’s expertise in Digital and Data technologies.
- Contribute to the analysis and capitalization of information and to its dissemination at all levels of the intervention.
- Supervise the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Officer (MEAL), who plays a central role in capturing, collecting, organizing, and coordinating the information, learning, and knowledge generated by the different actors, approaches, and contexts.
Qualification and experience
- East African Community Citizen
- Master’s degree in social sciences, education, and training, learning, employment, economics, health, digitalization or related;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in project management and team coordination, preferable in the domain of digitalisation in development cooperation, including the coordination of complex multi-actor partnerships, preferably with the EU;
- Broad and in-depth understanding of all aspects of development cooperation;
- Proven knowledge and expertise in digitalization, employment, or private sector support as well as in preparing technical or strategy documents in these domains;
- Excellent management and organization skills.
- Digital transformation experience in the private or public sector.
- Specific domain of vocational education and training (training, financing, support to VET and employment strategy development, involvement of the private sector, support to employment, inclusion, quality assurance, development of VET curriculum…) and/or health
- Expertise in knowledge building and knowledge management.
- Expertise in M&E methodologies, including the various approaches and theories, the norms and standards, the quantitative and qualitative methods, the quality and validity of data, the analysis and interpretation of the data
- Fluency in English and French, both in speaking and writing
- Highly self-motivated and directed;
- Advanced sense of creativity and initiative
- A genuine passion for technology, understanding how things work, and for applying technology to bring value to stakeholders and target audiences;
- Continuous learner, able to demonstrate familiarity with current trends;
- Capable to take a “hands-on approach” to experiment and try things if needed;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Constructive and solution-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through HTV Channel by clicking the “Apply for this job” button including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages), a motivation letter, and a copy of University degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Specify in your CV your LinkedIn profile (if available) and the names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers. Submit the full file not later than the 14th of April 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment process.
Done at Kigali, on 31st March 2021
Resident Representative of Enabel in Rwanda
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…