Headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda, Remera Sector, “AVEGA Agahozo” Is seeking to recruit a competent staff for the position of Head of Programs and Partnership Development (HPPD)
Location: Head Office Kigali-Gasabo
About the role
Under the supervision of Executive Secretary s/he will work and coordinate programs & projects managers/project coordinators, portfolio managers; and maintain regular communication with ES. The Head of Programs and Partnership Development (HPPD) will support the organization to develop and execute a strategic business development strategy, identifying funding opportunities in line with AVEGA’s program priorities, implementation of the overall strategy and strengthening our linkages with CSOs, INGO’s and donors. Primarily, the HPPD will be tasked with the management of existing programs, pipeline partners and potential partners, ensuring delivery of existing programs, establishing and nurturing relationships with partners, and developing proposals in coordination with program colleagues for submission to potential developers.
The successful candidate will have the drive, ambition and vision to help AVEGA secure the funding to deliver its strategic goals and growth. The successful candidate will be involved with:
Strategic and thought leadership and representation 30%
Responsibilities as Head of Programs
- Support the Executive Secretary to lead the program approach and integration, team culture for greater impact of AVEGA’s work
- Support the Executive Secretary in shaping the future of AVEGA’s execution of Strategic Goals.
- Initiate, coordinate and lead AVEGAs programming, ensuring it delivers on AVEGA’s vision and objectives and championing the innovative ways of working envisioned in business strategy.
- Support the Executive Secretary to represent AVEGA in key platforms as appropriate
- Support the Executive Secretary to manage AVEGA’s relationships with various stake holders and partners
- Participate fully in the annual budget process, leading the program budgeting process, and provide ongoing oversight and management of program budgets Lead program development and delivery 40%
- Ensures the delivery of a program with demonstrable impact and is accountable for overall program quality and learning.
- Over the development and implementation and of, a knowledge management system, that will ensure the sharing of knowledge across programming.
- Oversees the development of program and project improvement plans, to ensure effective and timely implementation of the projects and program
- Build and develop an approach to program quality, knowledge production and dissemination.
- Oversee development of learning and knowledge management on programs and encouraging innovation across the organization.
- Ensuring good levels of stakeholder and partner engagement in programming and making use of partner / stakeholder knowledge and subject expertise.
- Lead managing and developing institutional funding strategy including significantly increasing income from new donors.
- Leading, embedding and using Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability work.
- Contributing to team processes and frameworks;
- Providing high quality leadership and support to Program Managers and project leads
- Ensure that staff members are given opportunities for development and training, as discussed and agreed, and provide support to the capacity building planning for program positions.
- Work with the head of finance and administration unit, Program Manager in charge of Quality control and partnership development and the program manager in charge business operations to ensure the effective utilization of grants monitoring systems in terms of projections and forecasting, the monitoring of expenditure, negotiations with partners on budget modifications and completion of project reports as appropriate.
- Produce regular reports for senior management on business development performance analysis
- Identify and coach competent staff for grants acquisition and implementation including coaching and mentoring to support their abilities in different fields.
- Supporting the executive secretary in ensuring an efficient and relevant staffing structure and support structural change processes when necessary.
- Build a high-performance culture in the programs team
Responsibilities as head of partnership development and relations
- Supports the executive Secretary in directing and coordinating external program engagement
- Develop and lead identification of strategic partners, and building and maintaining new and former relationships;
- Managing a pipeline of opportunities of existing and new donors;
- Working closely with the rest of the programs and support teams to identify opportunities for funding to ensure the financial sustainability of AVEGA
- Lead business development through the generation of proposals, donor engagement and relationship management, including engaging with AVEGA members as relevant. This will involve leading or supporting proposal development teams across the organization, working with technical, management, and finance leads on strategy; and ensuring that log frames, budgets and narrative text are developed, reviewed, and edited per donor requirements.
- Cultivating and developing strong relationships with decision makers and key influencers within donors to establish effective partnerships;
- Attending sector meetings to develop knowledge of best practice, to promote AVEGA, and to cultivate new donor opportunities;
- Support the Executive Secretary in Relationship Management and support AVEGA’ membership management duties.
- Develop and implement an organizational business development strategy and processes
- Actively identify grant opportunities and develop grant proposals in line with AVEGA’s programs
- Manage the full cycle of the proposal development process in coordination with other AVEGA’s staff and short-term consultants
- Develop resource mobilization plans to operationalize the resource mobilization strategy of AVEGA.
- Ensure development of regular reports and analysis of the implementation plans, mapping between program priorities and donor opportunities, funding analysis to be used by management for tracking progress against the targets, review and decision making.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of AVEGA’s systems. Help to develop better tools, systems, techniques, and strategies for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities, developing proposals and budgets
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities and Produce regular reports for senior management on business development performance analysis
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional image of AVEGA among relevant donors.
About the Applicant
You will have vast programs management and excellent communication and donor engagement skills in addition to significant fundraising experience. You will be experienced in managing and delivery of diverse programs and growing a successful fundraising program, and combining a strategic approach with strong attention to detail.
Overseeing multiple programs / projects, donors and working with competing deadlines, you will have the ability to work well under pressure while producing high quality work. You will have strong people skills and will have the ability to negotiate well. Enthusiastic and driven, you will be well organized and someone with a proven ability to hit targets.
Bachelor’s Degree in project management, business administration, economics, law and 10 years minimum relevant experience required; or a master’s degree in an international development-related field or an MBA and at least 7 years of relevant work experience required.
Required Experience/ Qualifications/skills
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience working in the field on donor-funded projects, and prior experience on working with International development agencies (compulsory)
- Demonstrated network of contacts in the international development community required.
- Prior experience leading or supporting project start up and close down strongly preferred.
- Should have been spent at least 7 years in programs management or M&E in NGOs (compulsory),
- Successful track record of securing multiple high-value projects/contracts from bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts and foundations. Experience in working with local government institutions is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task; ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment and under stress required.
- Proficiency in the English language required
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, verbal and written communication skills required.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to AVEGA Head office not later than 14 May 2021 at 3:00PM
- Letter of Application addressed to Legal Representative of AVEGA AGAHOZO;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (not more than 3 pages) ;
- A copy of the Identity Card and a copy of a Degree certificate
- Recommendation letter from previous employer
AVEGA is an equal opportunity employer opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Due to anticipated interest in these posts, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
Done at Kigali 25/04/2021.