Job Title: Head of Rehabilitation department
Location: Kayonza District
Background & Purpose
As the department of Gahini Hospital, the Rehabilitation Department (Gahini Rehabilitation Centre) is delivering a wide range of rehabilitation services including orthopedic surgery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, prosthesis and orthosis, and community services among others. With financial support from Christian Blind Mission (CBM), the Gahini Hospital would like to recruit a competent and experienced Head of Department who will be paid on project budget. The incumbent will ensure proper functioning of the department in order to achieve its overall mandate. She/he shall be responsible for coordinating and managing all activities for the department.
Structure of authority:
The incumbent will report to the Hospital Director General.
- Manage the Gahini Rehabilitation Center (GRC) day-to-day activities and operations;
- Provide effective leadership and management of the rehabilitation department, ensuring compliance with the procedure and donors’ requirements;
- Ensure annual budgets, narrative and financial reports are timely produced, approved by the Hospital leadership and shared with the donors as required;
- Manage GRC human resources and implement an effective performance management system focusing on results and individual accountability, including supervision, annual performance reviews, trainings, coaching and career development support;
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners and provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns;
- Maintain and promote established partnerships including initiation of new ones after consultation with the hospital management committee.
- Establish and maintain strong links with all key stakeholders supporting the delivery of Gahini Rehabilitation Center (GRC) operational and business objectives;
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the existing and new projects/programmes;
- Ensure the Gahini Rehabilitation Center (GRC) Business Plan is implemented;
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms to maintain, promote and safeguard the interests and well-being of patients/clients, employees and visitors are in place and observed;
- Advise the Hospital management committee on the strategies to improve Gahini Rehabilitation Center (GRC) efficiency and service delivery;
- Participate in meetings, workshops and other Forums aimed at promoting the visibility and interests of Gahini Rehabilitation Center (GRC);
- Organize and coordinate different visits to GRC by the donors and other stakeholders;
- Taking up any other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- AO in Physiotherapy, Management, Business, Public Health, Social Studies or related field;
- A Master’s degree in the fields mentioned above is a definite advantage
- 3-year experience at senior managerial position within a reputable organization;
- Experience in the field of orthopedic/physical rehabilitation is an advantage;
- Experience in leading meetings and facilitating trainings or workshops;
- Proven experience in strategic planning and project cycle management;
- A very high level of proficiency in organizational development and change management;
- Financial management background is a definite advantage;
- Experience in the field of disability inclusive development as a plus.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent human resource management skills including recruitment, selection and retention,
- Ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels;
- Results focused;
- Innovative and strategic thinking;
- Strong marketing and public relation skills;
- Ability to apply successful fundraising techniques;
- High level of personal integrity, credibility and diplomacy;
- Creativity and punctuality in the delivery of assignments;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English and good knowledge of French;
- Ability to make prompt decisions within challenging and high-risk environments;
- Commitment to health and social justice issues and understanding of global health and development issues.
Candidates with the required profile are invited to submit a cover letter, a CV, a photocopy of the degree, with three professional references to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.
Application deadline: 14th November 2022
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NGABIRE NKUNDA Phillipe