The Inspector will be responsible for conducting AML and Know Your Customer (KYC) reviews, investigations of banks. Also design, plan, and implement an supervision’s AML audit programs taking into consideration banks’ risk assessments compliance with anti-money laundering and bank secrecy laws and regulations, and pertinent remediation in addition to Ad Hoc projects.
- Analyze and validate information received from banks through various reports and conduct various tests on KYC/CDD/EDD, suspicious transactions (SAR filings), including wires and other anomalous activities.
- Conducting transaction-monitoring reviews: payment fraud prevention, transaction monitoring for fiat and cryptocurrency, Offshore Shell Corporations and Foreign Financial Institutions.
- Assist in assessing bank’s AML/CFT risk in terms of customers (PEPS), products and delivery channels.
- Compile a risk profile for each bank based on risk based tools and submitted regulatory reports on periodic basis.
- Developing and maintaining a risk assessment framework and reporting requirements for products and services, clients and customers, and other issues relating to money laundering.
- Assist Management with deep investigations from employees, business managers, internal and external auditors by providing information and guidance in a timely manner.
- To develop and promote risk based tools/monitoring systems; maintain the AML related database; review and comment on the bank’s manuals, policies and guidelines from an AML perspective during onsite inspection.
- Arrange on site supervision of banks in line with inspection procedures and methodology to ensure compliance with provisions of the Banking Act and other statutory requirements and regulations.
- Prepare draft inspection reports on AML&CFT issues identified and advise recommendations to address them.
- Follow up on inspections and audits findings to ensure issues identified are being addressed by banks and track all documents required to satisfy compliance.
- Prepare reports, memos and technical notes for various correspondences with banks and advise Management,
- Assist the implementation of National, and NBR strategy on compliance by financial institutions/banks’ on FATF recommendations and other international standards on AML/CFT. Assist in an annual review of the efficiency and effectiveness of the AML compliance and monitoring process.
- Assist in communicating, coordinating and implementing an ongoing AML training program for supervision team and stakeholders.
- To provide AML advisory support to the Management and assist in handling enquiries from the law enforcement/other regulatory authorities in Rwanda.
- Handle other duties as assigned to assist with the effective administration of the AML and KYC Policies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Experience Requirements;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related field.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification or any related certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of three (3) years in banks or similar financial institutions.
Skills and competencies required;
- Experience in the area of risk management and compliance in banking sector is an added advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with KYC and AML metrics reporting and research tools on AML
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and teams.
- Able to work independently and under pressure or ad-hoc assignments.
- High level of personal drive, and ability to multi-task;
Maximum Age: 35 years