LuNa Smelter Ltd is Rwanda’s established tin smelter in Kigali Rwanda. As part of its optimization and localization plans the company is recruiting professionals to fully optimize its production capacity and hence cater for the country’s growing demand for the mining sector, and that of the region.
LuNa Smelter Ltd is looking for experienced professionals to fill the following vacancy;
1. Mine Operations Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Employment Type: Full time
Minimum Qualifications and skills requirements
- 8+ years of experience in underground mining operations preferably on the 3T mineralization in Centrals and/or East Africa, with min. 3 years in a managerial leadership role;
- Technical University Degree (Masters) in Mine Engineering;
- Strong Character with exceptional leadership and management skills;
- Superior knowledge of mine operations and large budget mining projects cost control and analytical reporting;
- Detailed knowledge of all phases of mine feasibility studies, planning, development, and expansion;
- Strong ability to detect safety hazards and respond accordingly, safety commitment, and improvement mindset.
- Outstanding professional reputation for delivering against environmental, health, and safety standards;
- Excellent proven communications skills and experience in delivering presentations in verbal and written mediums to multiple levels of management, to a multi-cultural workforce, and potentially to other stakeholder;
- Willingness to relocate to Rwanda;
Key areas of responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for all short and long term mine planning horizon and integrated planning for LuNa Smelter mines in Rwanda;
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising the activities of the mines;
- Development of all mine operations infrastructure: including the overseeing the development and tunnelling of the mine, checking the quality of stone, rock, and minerals, and inspecting the mine for danger;
- Run underground mining operations in a safe and effective way;
- Work on a team to procure all mine equipment and develop maintenance agreements;
- Work collaboratively with mine maintenance, mine engineering, support services, and plant business areas while ensuring cost efficiency, and achievement of all business plan objectives;
- Develop solutions for day-to-day problems that occur in mines operations;
- Responsible for ensuring a proper waste management as well as following of the occupational health and safety guidelines, which includes planning and overseeing maintenance of the mine and developing emergency response plans;
- Monitor, performance manage, grow and develop all direct report staff, as well as ensure process are adhered to ensure a capable and competent mine workforce;
- Investigate incidents, near misses, damage, or delays at mine sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out;
- Carry out technical assessments when necessary at designated M&A projects LuNa Smelter undertakes;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
Email subject must clearly state the “job title” you are applying for.
CV Naming: Your CV name must bear both your first and second names respectively.
Note: These positions are open locally and internationally. All candidates applying for this position will be selected on merit and only those shortlisted will be invited for interviews.