Bottom of Form
AB BANK Rwanda Plc has been operating in Rwanda since January 2014. It is a member of an international network of commercial banks providing banking services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and private individuals in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Network Administrator.
Job Title: Network Administrator
Employment status: Full-Time
Contract type: Open- ended
Reports to: Head of IT
Deadline: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Key duties & responsibilities
- Plan, deploy, configure and maintain router and switches, administrative responsibility for the entire network.
- Operate and administrate network devices (Wimax modems or ONU, routers, switches, and firewalls).
- Plan detailed concept of LAN/WAN for all bank locations via connect to ISP.
- Design a network concept and create lifecycle plan for network devices.
- Backup and setup of network configurations.
- Proactive analysis of logging data to help to prevent system downtime – communicate system or network events troubleshoots problems and ensure uptime of network devices.
- Patch management for network devices.
- Maintain and update documentation of network design.
- Manage IP-routing and install/operate firewalling network capacity.
- Review regularly configurations in accordance with cyber security threats and best practices.
Required knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field from a recognized university
- Should be (or be working towards) a Cisco certified engineer
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in a similar environment
- Should have operational experience managing Cisco or other router, switches, and firewalls systems.
- Should have a strong working knowledge of network troubleshooting practices, network switches, routers, firewalls, and network protocols
- Should have experience working with vendors/suppliers and managing SLAs
- Strong communication, organization, management, and reporting skills
- Ability to collaborate easily and effectively within a team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Results expected to achieve
- Anticipate and prevent unplanned downtimes of the core and branches network by proactive actions.
- Insurance and maintenance of IT Security basing on ISO27001 standards.
- A reliable and secure connection is maintained between Head Office and all branches.
- Keeping an organization’s computer network up-to-date and operating as intended.
- Integrity of external systems connecting with the company network.
- Degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field;
- 3-5 years in the same position preferably in a financial institution;
- Network Certification such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CompTIA Network+, VMWare Certified Technical Associate – Network Virtualization (VCTA-NV), CCNP, ONF Certified SDN Associate (OCSA), SCE (Sophos Certified Engineer), Optional: Linux+, LFCS, or any other Linux cert…
Interested candidates should send ONLY in one document:
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of academic qualifications
- Professional Certificates
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV and cover letter) all in one document before 8/12/2021 using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Click on the APPLY button to send your application documents:
- Your application will be sent to the employer immediately (Allowed formats: .doc .pdf .txt .docx)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you few minutes afterwards
- You can request any documents archived from our website (ex: a job description, a CV, a cover letter…)
Please bear in mind that you should never be requested to pay to get interviews, or to pass extra certifications etc…