We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Rwanda.
Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Program Manager, Community of Scientists, AIMS Global Network!
The Program Manager Community of Scientists, AIMS Global Network, will join a high-energy team focused on sharing success stories and scaling up impact. As the Manager of this new role, you will ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of its various programs and activities including managing the Community of Scientists, Entrepreneurship and Innovation portfolio.
Led by the Director of AIMS Industry Initiative, you will actively contribute to the development and implementation of concept notes for new initiatives, manage the process of selection of NEF Ambassadors and NEF Fellows, work closely with the leadership of the Community of Scientists to implement the approved work plan of the Community of Scientists. You are also responsible to engage with key partners (Public and private sector, NGO’s) both nationally and internationally to build mutually beneficial partnerships, advocating strategies to accelerate the NEF work.
As the ideal candidate, you will play an active role in all fundraising activities, create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management, identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails etc., organize targeted fundraising events/ tours, research partners, identify key players and generate interest, collaborate with senior management to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships, represent the Department at meetings and events and prepare financial and narrative reports according to partner requirements.
This is a full-time opportunity based at AIMS Secretariat, Kigali-Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Master’s Degree in STEM field or related field and at least 3 years of project management.
- Management skills required, demonstrate organizational skills and strong commitment to learning.
- Experience working on program development, particularly related to science and innovation.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, administrative writing and creative writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Strong writing skills, particularly developing concept notes and producing quality reports.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, flexible, intellectually curious and creative.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results on required deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications).
- Professional knowledge in fluently using online applications including Google Apps, SharePoint, Skype, Teams, Zoom and other applications.
- Experience managing a scientific journal is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Exposure to online platforms including social media.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Click on this link to apply. Applications will be accepted until May 21, 2021.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.