The Inspector is responsible for contributing to the BNR’s mission of ensuring a sound and stable financial system by designing, planning, and implementing an supervision’s IT audit programs taking into consideration its risk assessments
- Identify potential IT risks and related issues by applying knowledge of Information Technology industry trends and present IT environment.
- Perform the required IT audits of the organization as an individual or working in a team, following both established department procedures, standards and good practices such as COBIT and ITIL.
- Produce inspection reports on issues identified, recommendations, and action plans to address the findings.
- Follow up on inspections and audits findings to ensure issues identified are being addressed by banks and track all documents required to satisfy compliance.
- To review internal audit procedures, regulatory framework related to ensure tools and frameworks for IT supervision are keeping up with information technology trends and emerging risks.
- Participate in developing and implementing a detailed audit plan that takes into consideration risk assessment, goals and objectives of supervision.
- Take part in IT support, fraud investigations, major cybersecurity/ IT initiatives and projects as well as in reviews of security systems and internal controls under development.
- Prepare reports, memos and technical notes for various correspondences with banks for management’s review.
- Devise, participate and conduct training on IT security programs.
- Handle other duties as assigned by supervisors to assist with the effective supervision of banks.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- Atleast Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, in computer science, computer engineering or any relevant field.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in IT Systems Audit or Information Security of banks, audit firms or similar financial institutions.
- CISA professional qualification or other related professional qualification from reputable institutions.
Skills and competencies required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and teams.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and under pressure or ad-hoc assignments.
- High level of personal drive, and ability to multi-task;
Maximum Age: 35 years